Even in a time of smart homes and automatic dishwashers, many of us still encounter the same home obstacles – disorganized cabinets, cluttered shoe space and limited laundry rooms. To conquer these common storage problems once and for all, read our tips and solutions below:
Disorganized kitchen cabinets
Kitchen cabinets hold a variety of items like dishes, pans, food and spices, so it’s no wonder they are one of the first places to become cluttered. Here’s how to keep them organized:
- Create internal shelving using small, stackable storage pieces to increase space and section items off.
- Install cabinet door organizers for small items, so that everything has a place and items are not left cluttering the floor.
- Organize items by type and store them next to where they will be needed most.
Cluttered shoe space
When you’re tired or in a hurry, it’s easy to leave your shoes on the floor and in the way. Stop tripping over footwear on a day-to-day basis and organize it with our tips:
- Keep shoes off the floor using a shoe organizer, cube storage or a bookcase. Store flats and tennis shoes in bins, racks and wall hangers; heels and boots are best displayed on a shelf.
- Organize shoes by style and how often they’re worn to easily find the pair you’re searching for.
- Make use of unique spaces and keep shoes out of sight by storing them behind a door or underneath the bed.
Limited laundry room
A lot goes on in the laundry room, yet it’s usually one of the smallest rooms in the house. Here are our suggestions to maximize your space and keep everything within reach:
- Increase space vertically. Add shelving and hang racks above your washer and dryer to place items like detergent and bleach. Adding shelving underneath your sink is another quick storage solution.
- Divide your space into work stations for ironing, everyday laundry and stain removal. This will keep the materials you need nearby and easy to put back.
- Use hooks for hanging larger items such as ironing boards and drying racks on your wall.
We hope these tips, will help you put an end to some of your most frustrating, everyday home organization problems.