Isn't it ironic that trying to create an organized and stress-free home is stressful? With the multitude of tools, resources and products available to help you get organized, knowing where to start is definitely the hardest part. But it doesn't have to be that way. Here is a list of our favorite smart and inexpensive organization resources that can help you cross off all the items on your nagging to-do list.
Blogs and Websites:
- ClosetMaid Blog. We’re a little biased, but our blog is a great source for storage and organization tips and inspiration.
- I Heart Organizing. This family-friendly blog is a great tool to help you navigate the busy day-to-day demands of a family home.
- Get Buttoned Up. This website is a great source for products, tips and free downloads.
- SAS Interiors. This New York designer tackles DIY projects that not only help keep a home organized and clean, but helps a home look great too!
- Unstuff Your Life. Written by Andrew Mellen, this book is a guide to getting and staying organized for good.
- Real Simple: The Organized Home. This book is for anyone that has ever found themselves overwhelmed at the prospect of organizing. It offers Real Simple’s best advice for creating order out of chaos and bring a sense of control and ease to your home.
- Home Rules. Authored by Nate Berkus, this book helps you transform the place you live into a place you love.
- Real Simple. Get ready for inspiration! This magazine offers advice to keep your life simply perfect.
- Getting Organized. By providing simple, effective, how-to organizing ideas and products, this magazine makes your life easy.
- HGTV Magazine. If you enjoy watching HGTV, then you’ll love this magazine.
- Better Homes and Gardens. Focused on decorating, building and remodeling, crafts, entertaining, cooking and gardening, this magazine offers tons of expert tips.
- Real Simple To-Do Lists. This app helps you organize your to-do lists like never before.
- Ask ClosetMaid. Are you having trouble deciding what to keep and what to donate? This app helps make that a fun and entertaining process.
- Poshmark. This app is a fun and simple way to buy and sell fashion items.
Remember, with the right tools in hand, getting organized doesn't have to be stressful. Happy organizing!