Summer is a fun time! However, with the kids home, schedules changing and nice weather calling people outdoors, certain organizing tasks should be considered. Here are some ideas to keep get your home ready for the summer fun!
1. Bathroom items: Summer means being more active outdoors, so make sure you are prepared for scrapes, insects, and other accidents. Stock up on bandages, antibiotic ointment, hydrocortisone cream, allergy medication and other first-aid items. You’ll definitely want to throw away anything that is expired, and make sure you purchase new sunscreen and insect repellant.
2. Sports and swimming gear: Families enjoy cooling off at the pool during this time of year, so there will be wet towels, flippers, noodles and masks all over. And if someone is playing a summer sport, you’ll need to arrange a place for this gear, ideally near the door where people enter and exit the most. A simple coat tree does wonders for the swimming towels and masks, and ClosetMaid 3-cube bench is wonderful for sports gear, even providing a great place to sit down and remove your shoes when you get home.
3. Toys and craft supplies: Not all summer days are perfectly sunny. For those rainy days, kids will be inside playing with toys or doing crafts. ClosetMaid Cubeicals are absolutely perfect to help contain the clutter. Easily partition different categories (games, toys, crafts) into each fabric drawer, making it easy to find and put items away. You can use string tags to hang on the drawers to label them, or you can laminate paper labels and use the hook side of Velcro dots to attach and re-attach the labels as needed.
4. Garage: Get up early in the morning while it’s still cool outside and organize your garage in sections. Create zones for each of your family’s needs, such as gardening, golfing, fishing, bicycling, car care, etc. Be ruthless! Usually what ends up in the garage are long-delayed decisions that you need to make—what to keep, where to donate it, whether to sell it and how… make those decisions now and clear your mind and your garage space!
5. Pantry: With the family around the house more, there will definitely be more snacking. Organizing your pantry will make it easier for everyone to find what they want and being able to see what you have will save you money by preventing duplicate purchases. Make sure you label your shelves to show your family where to put the groceries away so shelves stay organized.
Enjoy your summer more with an organized home! For all of your storage and organization needs, be sure to check out ClosetMaid.com, and all of our channels for inspiration and ideas: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Houzz and Flickr.