In the spirit of Earth Day, we thought it was important for everyone know how much we care about our environment and how our products reflect that! Did you know that our wire shelving is made from 91% recycled content and is certified by SCS Global Services? We know that our consumers want environmentally friendly products and we are happy to provide that. We first earned out SCS Recycled Content Certification in 2010 for being made from 75% recycled steel, and being the first closet system in the market to earn this. Now, our products are made from 91% recycled content! Many of our products have this certification, including:
- SuperSlide®: All-purpose shelving with closet rods that provide unobstructed sliding for hangers. Corner shelves and rounder bars maximize space. Available in 12- and 16-inch depths.
- Linen: Linen is an all-purpose shelving that can be used in any room. Available in 6-, 9- and 20-inch depths from Authorized ClosetMaid dealers
- Close Mesh: Close Mesh is the preferred solution for pantry, linen and bath shelving, with shelving wires 5/8-inches apart instead of the standard one inch to prevent small items from slipping through. The shelving is available in 9- and 12- inch depths from Authorized ClosetMaid dealers, as well as 16- and 20-inch depths on ClosetMaid.com.
- Heavy Duty: Heavy-Duty Maximum Load® shelving is ideal for garage or basement storage. It is available in a 16-inch depth.
- Shelf & Rod: Shelf & Rod is the most economical shelving option in the ClosetMaid ventilated shelving line. The shelving is available in a 10-in depth from Authorized ClosetMaid dealers, as well as 12- and 16-inch depths on ClosetMaid.com.
- TotalSlide®: TotalSlide shelving offers one-piece installation with unhindered hanger sliding action. The low-profile, linen-style configuration is available in 12- and 16-inch depths from Authorized ClosetMaid dealers.
To achieve SCS Recycled Content Certification, ClosetMaid’s wire shelving underwent an extensive audit and review by SCS Global Services. This included product performance testing and reviews of the manufacturing process, material tracking systems, sample invoices from suppliers of recycled materials, procedures for segregating recycled material from similar virgin material, evidence of traceability and descriptions of any anticipated changes to the product, manufacturing process or tracking systems. You can always be confident that your ClosetMaid products are functional, durable, customizable AND environmentally friendly. For more storage and organization ideas, follow us on our various social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Houzz and Flickr.